If you are new to network marketing or you are just starting to investigate this career path, I would like to congratulate you. You are taking the first step toward an exciting business opportunity. The home-based business arena is opening up and we have more career choices available because of the constant growth of internet capabilities. It is a very exciting time to be involved in this business.
Often I am asked, "Do you think I can be successful as an internet marketer?" I cannot honestly answer that question. I can give you a few guidelines that may help you in deciding whether this is the right career path for you, but no one can answer that question better than you.
To be successful in any new venture, you need to have the following characteristics:
1. Desire (a real solid reason why you are willing to make this effort to start a new business)
2. Willingness to learn new skills. Any new endeavor, whether it is a career change, starting a new sport, learning an instrument or beginning a diet and exercise program, requires learning some new skills.
3. Are you willing to be coached? Can you listen to instruction and take helpful suggestions without feeling criticized? As you are coached, you will learn skills that will assist you in coaching your team members in the future. Listen and learn!
4. Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and put in some effort in order to get a return or are you expecting instant gratification? There are many opportunities out there that suggest that one can start making tons of money without lifting a finger Any honest home-based business opportunity requires work, if someone suggests otherwise, diligently look into the opportunity before investing a dime!
5. Are you willing to get out of your comfort zone? When you start on any new project, there are those moments of feeling unsure or insecure. Everyone know the feeling of the first day of high school or first date or first day on a new job, we have all felt insecure at one time or another. The good news is that this will pass and soon you will be helping someone else who is just starting out.
Now, ask yourself, "Do you think you can be successful as an internet marketer?"